Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Vote

Elisha and I are still California residents so the other day we received our absentee ballots in the mail, we sat down that night together and voted. I thought that was all the involvement I was going to have in this election, but a few days later I heard that John McCain would be here to speak. So earlier today we went to the Crown Coliseum and waited to see him. We got there at 2 and waited in line for an hour before getting in. McCain was not scheduled to speak until 5:30. The time spent there was well worth the wait. What an amazing experience it was to be in a coliseum with thousands of people sharing your same views and the chance to be in the same room as a Presidential Candidate. The energy was great. Cindy McCain was also there and spoke to us for a few minutes. After his wife and a few others spoke John McCain addressed us for about 30 minutes. He is a true hero and an honorable man who is well prepared to lead our country.



Waiting in line to get in.


McCain making his entrance.

5 comments:

Meg said...

Very Cool Cristina! Way to be involved.

Rebecca said...

Yes. Very cool. Randy almost went. You guys I guess are cooler than him.

Allison said...

It's hard to be casual in such an insane political season. Looks like it was a worthwhile thing to do.

couplabz said...

That is AWESOME! We had Sarah Palin here last week and it was well worth the wait too. Luckily I had a friend at the gate so no waiting in line - yeah!! I would love to have gotten to see him too.

Way to be involved!

Beth said...

Wish you could have voted here. Love your blog.