Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm a big kid now

We have been in Chapel Hill this month while Elisha does a rotation up at the hospital. They have rented us a duplex and I thought it would be a great time to potty train. We started Tuesday the 13th, going about every half hour. He did great only having a few accidents. Day two was terrible he refused to get on the potty and did not want any treats for going. I was ready to give up. I got a pep talk from Rebecca who said day 3 would be better, I held onto that and kept going. I thought he was never going to get it. Day 3 was impressive he woke up and told me he had to go. He was a pro. He let me know the whole day when he had to go. By day 4 we were out and about shopping and no accidents. I am glad I stuck with it! It's been great not having to change his diapers!! Great job Ethan!!!

This was the morning of day 3, he was so excited

This was his liquid of choice.

2 comments:

Allison said...

YAY, Ethan, Better yet, YAY Cristina. Good job sticking with it. I have to say I hate it when the kids are testing you to really do it. Good job. We had chinese food tonight, we miss you guys.

the hamms said...

we tried too but Roscoe wanted nothing to do with it, but be did LOVE his unders. But after three days still refused to go in the potty so I guess we are going to wait a little bit longer, so way to go!!!