Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow Day!!!

Yea! We woke up this morning to snow. Everything is covered in white and looks beautiful. Everything here pretty much shuts down when it snows, so that means no work for Elisha again after a 4 day weekend!!!!!!



The view from our house

Ethan's footprints

It was cold and windy when we decided to go outside this morning. Much too cold to want to stay out and play. Ethan had on four layers of clothing and was not at all interested in playing in it. We let him walk around a bit, but then wanted to be picked up. I like to see the snow, but I hate driving in it, mostly because I don't know how. The first time I ever drove in snow was when we lived in Germany. I was so scared driving home that I was going about 10 mph. I started to hit the breaks 30 feet from our house when the car fish-tailed, I hit a parked car going 2 mph. When the car stopped my door was right up against the other car blocking me in. I panicked and climbed out through the passenger side door, but when it opened I fell on the ground covering myself in snow. I left the car and ran to our house yelling hysterically for help. Elisha was not home at the time so the Neighbor came out to help, moving and parking the car for me. That was the last time I will ever drive in the snow. It turns out that because I was going so slow that I only bumped tires with the neighbors car.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

SNOW!! Woohoo!!!

Allison said...

Yayyyyyy!

Allison said...

Oh, Cristina, I am so sorry I have found your story of driving in the snow so funny, I laughed at you sorry.

I shouldn't judge though, you are a product of your environment. I can't imagine you got much chance of of driving in the snow in Cali.

couplabz said...

I too found it funny, sorry.

I'm jealous that y'all got that much snow. We got a TINY bit on the ground, although Dayle did get to build a snowman (see my blog!). I miss the days of being snowed in in Iowa for days on end. Oh well, maybe someday we'll get snow here worth anything.

Anyway, enjoy your snow.